Thursday, March 22, 2007

ME or God?

HERE AND NOW: Impatience, selfishness, arrogance, confusion, annoyance, frustration...





THE BIG PICTURE: God has a plan that stretches far past the rest of my life...





"I am the first and I am the last. My own hand laid the foundations of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together." --Is 48:12-13



"..I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." --Is 46:10b



"Aim at and strive for FIRST the kingdom of God and HIS way of doing and being right and THEN and only THEN will these things be given unto you." --Matt. 6:33 (paraphrased)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thats pretty awesome Miriam! We all need to be shaken by God and reminded that he is still in control. Thanks for reminding me that He is!

Just a worship song that comes to my mind when I read this. (You are God Alone)

HMS said...

I like this!

Anonymous said...

So true, and so awesome!!!
Amy Reason

Charis said...

... and it's so much better when we stop trying to kick against those facts! He's the GOOD Shepherd, and a GOOD Father. He's been showing me this recently!

Unknown said...

Good preachin there sister!!!