Tuesday, August 07, 2007

where has the summer gone?!

So I'm not dead and I have not vanished, I have just been MIA for a few weeks. Yesterday was my last day of summer class and Lord-willing my very last day at IUPUI ever! Summer school was pretty intense with taking 5 different classes. I've been in school since May 9, and now I have a two week break before Milligan classes start. But here's a little update of what has been going on.

Yes, Cindy got married: finally. Here's a picture of us girls with the photographer George Abiad. (www.georgeabiad.com---amazing photographer)




Church camp filled three of my weeks this summer: children's camp, teen camp and teen work study camp. These are my seven 13 and 14 year old girls that were in my bunk. We had lots of fun as you can see: a rambunctious (?) bunch!









After camp, I found some time to relax: Beth, Sam, Stephen and I all went bowling and showed off our mad skills. Bethie--you gotta watch out for her, she's pretty sneaky. We had lots of fun!








My one weekend between summer semesters, we went to the lake with the Hickeys. At first they only had 2 tubes, but then they graciously realized the need for another one. So they bought the new orange one, made for two people. Of course the newlyweds staked claims on that one. If you'll notice, there is one tube getting ready for take off, with the driver holding on for dear life. That panic-stricken drive is none other than yours truly. The tube had a mind of it's own and had a very high center of gravity making it tip and topple at the slightest bump or curve. Apparently I was the only one brave and strong enough to take on the task of giving it an attitude adjustment...as you can see I was struggling just a bit.




I went to have lunch with Amanda and Caden Alexander one afternoon. Caden and I were chilling and I took some pictures of him. I told him to smile..and this is what he did. It's kind of a half-smile "you're-really-scaring-me" kind of face.










He was worn out after his photo-shoot. But the funny thing is, he actually is just blinking, but it appears as though he's sleeping. Too cute!


















I love the mother of our church: Ilarose. She has such a sweet smile and loving heart!!







A-gal and B-rad are two of my friends from IUPUI. We had a class together last summer and made Starbucks a reoccuring event during the summer. This summer, Andy and I were together in a class and Brad opted out of it. But we still made a rendezvous and enjoyed a nice cup of joe.












Mehgan and Kevin, recently married, are two friends I went to middle/high school with. We took this picture at a mutual friend's wedding. Yes, we realize that it looks like a prom picture..haha!









I don't know who this studley looking young man is...I saw him stranded in a subway station, looking lost and confused, needing a woman to help him find his way. I heard the voice of the Lord and with my servant's heart, graciously came along side of him to help. He's pretty entertaining and shares some of the same interests, so after a couple days, I decided I'd keep him for awhile. After all, he does look better with me by his side :)





Publish Post

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie babe, that was pretty smoothe. I love the part where you "graciously" came along my side. haha :). You're out of control. But I do agree that I look a lot better with you by my side. I mean...how could i not with your amazingly gorgeous looks that you have.

WhyamIdoingthis said...

yeah...seems like a lot of work this summer and no visit to STL....bummer. Good luck back in school and don't forget to send your new address if you want more cookies.

Anonymous said...

miriaaaaam!!
i miss you! it's good to hear about whats going on on the other side of the ocean..
i do miss you so much!
love you je t'aime!!
-soph

Katie said...

hope you're having fun in tennesee! =]
ttyl
katie

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Hi Miriam!

Yeah - thanks so much for commenting on my post!!!! And yes, I finally updated! But wasn't quite sure how to let you know - hope you get this!!! We love your sister, and heard all about you guys too!!! (say, do you have a boyfriend???-jk, but Emily does have a brother you know!lol) So hope to hear from you again! Diane (Emily's mom)